Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell …. on social media.
Now a days we do not have a choice on whether we do social media, the question is how well we do it. The best part about social media is that it’s EVERCHANGING, (no, really the Facebook platform updates almost every day) which means we are always kept on our toes in the social department. Always keeping up with the newest placement, platform, or trend. Speaking of trends, let’s take a look at what is trending in 2019 for Social Media Advertising.
1. Connecting with consumers: Social Media (pun intended) is supposed to be social, so it is not surprising that one of the biggest trends moving into 2019 is “Caring about your audience.” If you do not show your followers/consumers love/attention, then why would they do the same for you? Be authentic, be timely when you answer their comments or messages. Social Media is becoming a HUGE customer service platform for users. After all, it is all about building relationships.
2. Tell Authentic Stories: Consumers want to be a part of your company, not just someone you want to sell a product to. 2019 is the year for authenticity, meaning fewer static updates and more user generated content, behind the scenes, raw videos/photos from instore.
3. Introducing the Micro-influencer: Word of mouth is nothing new, but in the world of social media word of mouth only matters when it comes from an “influencer.” As opposed to major influencers, micro-influencers exist in every marketing niche. They have followings of fewer than 10 000 people, but most of their followers are genuinely interested in what they have to say. And they’re very engaged – micro-influencers are often considered experts in their niche. These smaller names are not massively targeted by advertisers, so they are trustworthy and down-to-earth. The marketing potential is very high, and marketers are about to recognize this in 2019.
4. Video: It’s like your favorite song that you put on repeat … Video is back on the trends list again! Every year, video content continues to grow, and in 2019, video content is expected to once again dominate the market. In fact, according to some experts, 80% of what we consume online will soon be video content. The only change this year is instead of the original horizontal commercial videos being huge, vertical videos are more important, so get those smart phones out and start taking short to the point videos in-store.
5. Facebook vs Instagram: Although, Facebook owns Instagram there has always been the question, which platform reigns supreme? This is a complex answer. Marketers looking to drive value for their businesses via digital marketing can find more value in terms of scale and audience engagement from Facebook with 2.6 billion active users. While, Instagram is king in terms of engagement per user. Instagram is becoming increasingly powerful as a platform for capturing quality engagement within small, targeted communities. Moral of the story make sure both platforms are staying up to date, they each have their benefits.
I know, I know I just made you read through so much & you honestly do not have the time to keep up with these trends. That’s what we are here for. Don’t worry about what new trend popped up while you were reading this blog, allow your dedicated social page manager to do that work for you! At BLM we want to be an extension of your business and a helpful partner to take away some of the day-to-day work off your lap. Talk soon!