“People influence people. Nothing influences people more than a recommendation from a trusted friend. A trusted referral influences people more than the best broadcast message. A trusted referral is the Holy Grail of Advertising.” – Mark Zuckerburg
I’m sure we have all heard someone say something similar to this about word of mouth and it is absolutely true. People trust other people over a business boasting themselves. This is why Influencer Marketing is so important now-a-days, BUT you have to choose the right influencer if you want to reach the right audience.
Back a few years ago brands sought out the influencers with the largest following because they wanted the highest reach, but highest reach doesn’t always mean high engagement. Now the generations that follow influencers are looking for authenticity and higher engagement. If an influencer has a ton of followers but low engagement they are not viewed as a trusted source anymore.
Introducing the Nano-Influencer. Not to be confused with Micro-Influencers, Nano-Influencers have between 1,000-10,000 followers on Instagram and are hyper-focused on a specific genre such as skin care, mom life, fashion, healthy eating, etc. This grouping of influencers is HUGE in 2020 because their engagement is the highest amongst influencers. According to the State of Influencer Marketing 2019 report by HypeAuditor, the average Instagram engagement rate (ER) for influencers with 1 million+ followers is 1.97%, while the ER for influencers with 1,000 – 5,000 followers is 5.60%. This higher engagement showcases a more active audience & a relationship of trust with the influencer & audience.
This is still a largely untapped group, but companies are starting to focus on this group more and more, so now is the time to jump headfirst and here’s why:
1. Engagement – As mentioned before influencers with 1,000-5,000 followers have the highest engagement rates in the industry right now. This translates into trust for followers.
2. Localized – Because Nano-influencers have a smaller following they are typically hyper-localized, which means you do not have to worry about reaching a ton of people who are not in your immediate area.
3. Cost – With lower followers comes a lower cost, it’s that simple. These influencers are just starting to get reached out to by companies, so they do not typically have a media kit or price structure built out. This allows us to come in and lay out a list of requirements we need from them at a lower cost.
4. Content – Hiring an influencer if nothing else allows you to gain great content and photos that you can use on your social & other advertising.
5. Audience – consumers who follow influencers are typically right in the sweet spot for bridal jewelry. If you are looking to reach a younger group of qualified individuals & have a bridal/fashion jewelry event or sale coming up this is the perfect way to cost-effectively gain word-of-mouth by a trusted source in your area, while getting some great content to share.
Now the hard part, how do you find them?
Oh wait, that’s not hard, you just ask us to find them for you! We have agency platforms & connections that allows us to find the perfect fit for your store. The best part is we will do all the negotiating, managing of schedules and contracts for you. That’s what we are here for.